Search this and my other blogs

Saturday, May 15, 2010

A little bit of building work

I would have liked to bring you up to date with a lot of work done on my shop, but alas, it's very slow going at the moment. I am not working from a plan, nor was the person who designed the building in the first place, so I depend very much on the club meetings to finish each stage. We just plan the next step as we go. So, this is what I have done since last month's meeting: I have extended the front and side walls and fixed the long side wall. I've also finished the floor for the attic, but since I want to figure out what to do with the lights I wait with attaching it. It's perhaps easier to wait until I have decorated the walls and ceilings inside, because now I can reach in a lot easier. Anyway, here are some pictures:





It doesn't look like much, but while I am building this I am also learning some woodworking techniques. On one hand I regretted the odd shape of the building, but on the other hand it forces me to work very precisely. Not only did I cut out the pieces myself, but I had to learn how to use a hand plane to plane the angles for the roof and the walls. Quite an experience, I can tell you. :-) But, so far, so good. All the corners still fit.

Well, tomorrow we've got our monthly meeting again, so for me to find out what's in store. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Me encanta como te esta quedando, estoy deseando ver los avances.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the shape is great. I really envy you having the chance to learn how to use all the tools.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.

I appreciate your friendship.

However, comments with the purpose of (hidden) advertising will not be considered genuine and will be removed.